ABOUT THE NEW YORK FOLKLORE SOCIETY
|The New York Folklore Society is planning to serve you— with many new programs and opportunities for folk culture in New York State. However, we can’t do it without your support, and we ask you to consider a year-end donation or membership to the New York Folklore Society.|
Planned for 2014 is the following:
Won’t you please join us in our work without delay? Your donation beyond membership of $45.00 is fully tax-deductible.
- A regular monthly newsletter apprising you of our latest programs and opportunities
- A “Newcomer Enterprise Project” to assist newly arrived folk artists with developing micro-enterprise and artists’ markets throughout the Capital District and Mohawk Valley
- New service offerings and opportunities for folk cultural specialists
- A repeat of the successful “Folk Art Pop Up and Artists’ Gathering” in New York City
- A documentation and archival project focused on climate change and severe weather events in this decade
- The Annual Folk Arts Roundtable
- And much, much more.
Director, New York Folklore Society
To celebrate our 70th Anniversary of service, the New York Folklore Society suggests several ways that you can show your support for the folk arts and traditional culture of New York State.
- BECOME A MEMBER today!
We have membership categories at several levels. JOIN now!
- SHOP the GALLERY OF NEW YORK FOLK ART ONLINE!
We have many items for last minute shoppers, including folk art, books, and CDs. Call us at (518) 346-7008, if you need additional assistance or wish to discuss the one-of-a-kind made in New York items for sale online or in our shop on Jay Street, Schenectady.
- MAKE a TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION
The New York Folklore Society needs your support NOW to help us to remain fiscally sound. We are committed to providing services in a manner that conveys respect for the dignity of the individuals and cultural communities which we serve. We value the rights and needs of all New Yorkers to express and practice the artistic and cultural traditions that are part of New York’s story.
We fulfill our mission through publishing Voices: The Journal of New York Folklore, through our Mentoring and Professional Development Program for Folk and Traditional Arts, through our Community Cultural Documentation Youth Development Program, and through our many and varied conferences and gatherings. We need your tax-deductible SUPPORT today! Please DONATE.